Recently we posted an article on how to update your Moto X 2014 XT1092 to Android 5.0 Lollipop with official OTA file without rooting or unlocking your device. And today we are here with a simple tutorial on rooting your Motorola Moto X XT1092 which has Android 5.0 Lollipop on it. The steps are very simple and can be performed by novice, but read the steps, instructions and warning carefully to avoid any mishap. If the process is not carried correctly then it may result in bricking of your device, so please proceed with your own risk. We are certainly not responsible for any harm done to your device.
Steps to Root Moto X 2014 XT1092 (Android 5.0 Lollipop)
- Make sure that your device is charged at least 50%.
- Please reconfirm that your device model is XT1092 (although this process works with XT1095 also).
- Unlock your Moto X XT1092. You can find the official tutorial to unlock the bootloader here.
- After successfully unlocking your bootloader, download the latest version of Moto X 2014 Multi Tool from here.
- Extract the files from the file downloaded above.
- Make sure that you have USB debugging enabled in your phone in developer options under settings.
- Connect your phone via USB.
- Open the file “.RUN_me.bat”
- Select the option 7 to root your device.
- This will start the process of rooting your Moto X XT1092.
- The phone may reboot couple of times during this process.
- Congrates, you have successfully rooted Moto X 2014 XT1092.
- Further you can install TWRP by selecting option 2 in Moto X multi tool.
Enjoy using a rooted Moto X XT1092 running Android 5.0 Lollipop on it.
3 thoughts on “Root Moto X 2014 XT1092 running Android 5.0 Lollipop”
Will I be able to apply future OTA’s after rooting?
No you can’t get OTA updates after rooting.
Will this methode work if you are already on 6.0. I didn’t upgrade yet but just so i know if i can update and root afterwards